The biggest challenge most of us with a complex sale face is getting access to executives, especially those in BIG companies. Sales cycles have gotten longer and number of decision makers involved in a typical buying process has increased too. As a result, traditional sales prospecting techniques simply don’t cut it anymore. So would you like to hear what really works?
On Wednesday, February 22, at 1:00 PM CST, you’re invited to a free 1-hour teleseminar with me and Jill Konrath, Chief Sales Officer and author of Selling to Big Companies. I’m going to be interviewing Jill on, what else, Selling to Big Companies.
If you haven’t read Jill’s best selling book yet, you should get a copy (you can read my review on Amazon or BN). Entrepreneur magazine (February 06) says is a must read for sales managers. It was also picked as one of the best new business books on the market by Jack Covert of 800CEORead and is #3 sales book on Amazon today.
I liked what Ardath Albee wrote on her blog, "Here’s the deal. Jill is in high demand. She doesn’t do free teleseminars. The last few open speaking engagements she’s done have sold out in record time… If you haven’t heard her speak before, you’re in for a treat. Her focus is helping companies get their foot in the door at BIG companies. She knows what she’s talking about. She hones in on how to better apply your work on building relationships that deliver results–in other words, sales."
The teleseminar is sponsored by InTouch, so it’s free, but our phone lines are limited, make sure you don’t miss out and register here.
Continue reading if you want to see the questions I plan to ask Jill.
I plan to ask Jill the following questions:
- Why has it become more difficult to sell to large organizations?
- When attempting to sell to large companies, who is the seller’s toughest competitor?
- As a seller begins to think about selling to a big company, what’s the best way to start?
- What can marketing do to help?
- How do you develop an account entry plan?
- What’s the proper role of marketing and sales in these plans? Who should do what?
- What tactics work and which don’t?
- What’s your view on the use of email? Does it work? What are the common ways to improve an email message so it gets a response?
- Many sellers are told to create “elevator speeches” that quickly describe what they do. Are elevator speeches useful?
- If elevator speeches don’t work, what do you recommend?
- When sellers have difficulty getting into large organizations, is there generally a root cause for their lack of success?
- What’s the best way to get a meeting with someone in a big company?
- If you were to give a seller one piece of advice on what it takes to get into big companies, what would it be?
In addition, do you have questions about Selling to Big Companies that you’d like me to ask Jill?
Click here to register now