Most marketers believe that generating more sales leads is the key to hitting their revenue targets. That’s not always true. In fact, most companies need to do a better job managing the leads they already have.
Effective lead management is the key to building a solid sales pipeline. Why add gasoline (more leads) to a fire (poor lead management) that may only consume your budget and leave you with a pile of smoldering ashes (wasted opportunities)?
Here’s my short summary:
- Create a universal lead definition
- Leverage your CRM to manage your process
- Track the source of each lead
- Distribute leads rapidly
- Use lead nurturing
- Pump up your sales team to follow-up on each lead promptly
- Refine each lead with additional info to help the sales team sell
- Treat leads like customers
- What gets measured gets done. Measure what is important.
- Close-the-loop with your sales team regularly
Other Related posts: